Friday 7 September 2007

Day 6 Wroxhall to Bognor Regis - Boarding the Oscillator

Today's first objective was to get off the island! I have some painful memories of the second half of the island cycle route from the Randonee in May, however, thankfully, previous experiences from earlier this week meant that the remaining hills were just not as tough as my memory served. One short ferry trip later and we were in my birth city of Portsmouth. What followed was an unavoidable but surprisingly well navigated city ride (finally something to compliment Dad with!). Along with the route through Havant, Portsmouth provided some hairy "big road" moments which included roundabouts and large complex junctions which have clearly been designed to irritate cyclists (or perhaps we're not supposed to use them) and some of the most bizarre cycle path marking I've ever seen! Anyhoo, today's ride was, I'm afraid, largely without incident, so I'm resorting to a picture of Chichester Cathedral in the hope that it will draw you away from a rather uninteresting write-up!

No comments: