Monday 3 September 2007

Day 2 Par to Moretonhampstead - Dart-More? No Thanks!

I've been reliably informed that today would be the hardest day...I sure as hell hope that's true! I was prepared for this afternoon being tough as we were climbing over Dartmoor, however, what I didn't count on was the morning containing comparetively steep and lengthy hills. Yesterday's sunshine had obviously taken its toll on the outside of my right leg. I was aware last night that it was burned, but as I felt an increasing burning sensation throughout the first few hours of today's ride I decided that I needed to protect it from further sun damage. As such, a trip to Boots was necessary in Tavistock to pick up a bandage and tonight will no doubt play host to mass application of after-sun! Unlike yesterday, i actually feel like I've done a hard day's ride today. The average speed has dropped from a respectable 13mph yesterday to only 10mph today due to the long, draining hills which I hope to leave behind now! Right now, I could just do with going home and sleeping. Unfortunately, we have another week to go, so tomorrow will be an interesting test to see how I cope after a very tough day! Today's picture is of the bikes on top of Dartmoor (just to prove we really were up there!)

No comments: